Sunday, December 20, 2009

iPhone Gaming : My Game Engine of Choice

I used to own many game consoles as I was young. The game boy, the nintendo, and you can go old as you can go, I have it.But when I grew older, I slowly realized that gaming with all those big cartridges may not suit me, so it kept the gamers gaming spirit suppressed inside.

Then born was the PSP's, the Nintendo DS, and other portable gaming consoles that went popular with all those cool graphics and great games of every genre. From racing to RPG, to more casual games when you just want to "kill time" while waiting in line or something like that.

It sure made some high hopes for me, because I can bring my gaming experience anywhere and do it when I choose, but there is another tiny dilemma, working in the corporate world, don't you think its a turn off seeing a grown man working with a PSP in hand? Well, in my opinion at least, I was not comfortable with the thought.

I wanted something discreet, yet it could deliver the gaming experience I always wanted, the great graphics, the gameplay, and the gamer inside of me could be unleashed.

The iPhone, ah, the sheer genius of Macintosh, isn't it? A great company creating a hip phone with all the cool graphics and interface built in a pocket size mobile phone.

The news broke out that iPhone was made, and there was a "sub-world" if I may call it, iPhone gaming. Because of the great hardware Mac created with the iPhone, applications did not only came in calculators or the default games like Snake, but it created a whole new opportunity to enjoy gaming even in a mobile phone such as the iPhone.

Discreet, great graphics and really cool game choices. Ah, yes, the iPhone has become my gaming engine of choice. With also cheap but cool games, I can enjoy a variety of game genres of my liking.

With all the 'seven-geese-a-laying', 'nine-ladies-dancing', and all the 'million gamers gaming', iPhone is the gaming engine of choice for me.

Practical, because of the cheap games but are really cool, compared to the higher cost of other gaming consoles. And with the economy today, I can save money while enjoying great gameplay and cool graphics
Did I mentioned discreet? I can use it as a phone by day, and transform if into a gaming engine by night, or, uhh, err, my spare time.
With all the new games and latest release dates I hear about, I can keep up with all the latest action for me with the iPhone.

I thought I could never enjoy portable gaming anymore like I once used to, but after work, when stressed, or bored, I can just simple get my iPhone and just go into a world where I can relax and have fun and never have to worry about high cost of games, just what game to play next.

And with the independent software producers on the rise, or "fresh blood" as I like to call them, there will be more unique games to come, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment